Sunday, April 13, 2008

On the horizon...

There's a few things in the pipeline that will keep me very busy over the next few months up to the end of July.

On May 3 i'm doing a charity Constant Weight dive (more on that in another post) down at Chepstow, then the following weekend there's the The Great Camberwell Breath Hold. This is a static, dynamic & dynamic no-fins comp at a really nice 25m pool. It's a bit old and shabby looking but it has tons of character and has a cool Victorian feel to it.


Now since Egypt in December i've really been out of the training loop, in fact all the combined record and Christmas celebrating left me about 8kg bigger than what I was in December, a fact I wasn't too impressed with. So between now and then there's an awful lot of exercise going on, a complete ban of carbohydrates (the nasty kinds anyway - bread, sugar, starchy veges, alcohol - basically anything that's fun and tastes good) and a ramped up pool training schedule. Add the next problem - because of pool closures and personal holidays, i've only got about 3 pool sessions
before the comp. So naturally i've got to get it into my head that I shouldn't be expecting the same performances I was doing at the Worlds last year. Still, i'll give it a good working over though...

In between now and the end of May i'm manically doing my AIDA 3* and 4* education courses. Finding an Instructor for these courses proved to be pretty difficult but at the last moment I got lucky and have a couple of Instructors helping me out now. I just have to find the weekends to fit them in now!

The reason i'm doing the 3 & 4 star courses is that they are pre-requisites for the AIDA Instructor course which i'm enrolled to do in Egypt in mid June. I'm doing this through Freedive Dahab. Just before this course starts there is the famous Triple Depth competition at the Blue Hole, 3 days, 3 disciplines. In the past this has been an amazing competition and one i've always wanted to do, even before I left Australia. So it works out well that it's around the same time as my course, and even better that my contract at work finishes at the beginning of June which fits perfectly.

I get home at the end of June from all of that and then have a couple of weeks off before the British Depth Championships are on in Chepstow, the great Saltfree Double Dip. This comp is always a lot of fun and it's in my backyard so there's no excuse. In the past i've come 3rd and 2nd - being an Analyst that tells me that this year is my year, but hey - when have statistics ever gone right?


After all that i'm going to drink beer. A lot of beer....

No comments: